Code of Conduct
Conduct of members
- Every member of the Exchange is be bound to promote to the best of his ability the objects and interests of the Exchange and to protect and safeguard the interests of his clients. A member will be liable to expulsion, suspension or to payment of a fine for any violation of good business practices.
- Members of the Exchange will to furnish a Risk Disclosure statement or any statement, as may be prescribed by the Exchange, to all their clients. This statement will contain all the risks relating trading. It is the duty of members of the Exchange to ensure that all clients read this statement before participating in trading and members should not accept any order from a client unless the Risk Disclosure statement is read by the client.
- Members of the Exchange will not encourage, aid or allow their clients to evade any financial and non-financial compliance requirement in respect of trading on the Exchange.
- A member will furnish to his clients all information pertinent to trade as notified by the Exchange.
- It is the duty and right of every member to access Rules, notices, circulars, orders and instructions issued by the Exchange from time to time and to provide all relevant information to his clients, before executing any order on behalf of a client.
Decisions of the Exchange and liability of members
Member of the Exchange will abide by the decisions or resolutions of the Exchange and shall abide by the Rules the Exchange as well as notices, circulars, orders and instructions issued by the Exchange from time to time. A member will be liable to expulsion, suspension or to payment of a fine for refusal to abide by awards, unbecoming conduct, misconduct, disobedience, misinformation, indifference and wilful negligence or failure to pay any dues.